Miss Collins

I am not quite sure what it is about the summertime but it really brings out the gin fan in me.  It must be all those summers growing up spent poolside while the adults in my family enjoyed gin and tonics.

My gin drink of choice is usually a Tom Collins but sometimes I want something a little more fruity so I crafted this drink with a passion fruit tea-flavored simple syrup.  I like to think of Miss Collins as the trendy daughter of Tom.



Ingredients
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 bags Tazo Passion Tea
Gin
Club Soda

Start with the tea.  Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepot on the stove.  Steep the tea bags in the water for 5-6 minutes.   

Next turn the tea into simple syrup.  Stir in the sugar until completely dissolved.  Once dissolved you can let the syrup cool and put it in a bottle in the fridge.  It should keep for a couple of weeks.

Once all of that is done you're ready to make your drink.  Mix 1.5 oz gin with 1 oz of the passion fruit tea simple syrup in a rocks glass (or if you're classy like me, a red solo cup) full of ice.  Fill the glass the rest of the way with club soda, top with a lime wedge, and enjoy.  

~Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails