Candy Cane Blossoms, Day 4

Another delicious Pinterest find, today's Christmas Cookie comes from fellow food blogger Baked Perfection.  These cookies are as yummy as they are cute!  Like yesterday's Reindeer Noses I think these would be easily adaptable to lots of other seasons and holidays.  And I wish my stepson had been around because I really think he would have had fun helping me bake these - my hands were covered in colored sugar by the time I was done and what little boy doesn't love to make a mess?!


Ingredients
1 bag  Candy Cane Kisses
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp milk
Red and Green colored sugar
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Beat the butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg in large bowl until well blended. In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; add alternatively with milk to butter mixture, and continue beating until well blended.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in red and/or green colored sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake cookies for 8 - 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a kiss into the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 30 cookies... or 23 if you make them as big as I did!



Happy Baking and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails