Turkey Potato Salad

One of my favorite foods to have as leftovers after Thanksgiving is turkey.  Between turkey soup, turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce, and turkey salad there's a lot of options, but this year we had so much turkey leftover that I was almost getting tired of it, as hard as that is to believe!  Luckily inspiration struck and I came up with this twist on turkey salad that also helped me get rid of those pesky leftover mashed potatoes.  It may sound a little weird at first, but trust me, you'll like this.  It's also a great way to stretch out your last bits of leftover turkey into several sandwiches.
Ingredients
2 cups shredded turkey
1 & 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
2/3 cup mayo (or salad dressing)
1 chopped green onion
1/2 tsp cumin

Mix everything together in a bowl, serve on your favorite bread, and enjoy!  Makes 4-6 sandwiches, depending on how much salad you use.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I am a new follower from the Blogmania Dream Team, not sure how I missed you, sorry about that! Hope you are having a great week! That recipe sounds really great, what a good idea!

    Just Married with Coupons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that sounds good! Ill have to remember that for next year (our leftovers are gone already). My husband loves turkey sandwiches.
    Stopin in to say HI (fellow Dream Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your latest post it was fantastic!! I have just stumbled upon your blog and think its pretty amazing!! I’v been looking through all your old posts and think you are a very prominent blogger! Check out my blog at: http://partypastels.blogspot.com/ If you like what you see then please follow me and I’ll promise to return the favor! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails