Easy Chicken Pot Pie


There are nights when I don't mind spending an hour or more crafting a delicious meal for my friends and family.  Tonight is not one of those nights.  I want something yummy to eat and I don't want to spend much time making it, so I go into my brain and pull out one of my semi-homemade recipes that I can throw together quickly.  It's getting chilly here in the northeast so I think I'll go for some chicken pot pie!

Ingredients
1 package frozen vegetables
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 can crescent rolls
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 325.  Combine the vegetables, chicken, and soup.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Pour the filling into a shallow baking dish (8x12 works well).  Unroll your crescent rolls and arrange them on top of the filling so there are no holes.  A little bit of overlapping is fine.  Bake for 25 minutes or until your crescent roll layer is golden brown on top.  Serves 4.

See what I mean about simple?  This works great to use up leftovers the night after you had a rotisserie chicken for dinner.  Happy baking!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chicken pot pie recipe, I can't wait to make and freeze some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks so good. I'm definitely going to try this recipe out soon.

    I'm following from Blogmania '11!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great-I keep trying to figure out easy dinners that look great...Thanks!

    I am from Blogmania Dream Team '11...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think about using crescents as a crust. That looks yummy on this cold December day! Just stopping by to check out my fellow Team Memmbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg, I have made this recipe and it is as tasty as it looks! Love those crescent rolls as a topper! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried it with cream of celery & pinch of herbes de provence - Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails